Sunday, January 2, 2011

Visiting Sidney







Yesterday I went to Sidney with my Mum's friend Barb and her husband Russ. It was a very crisp cool morning about 2 degrees and it was fine blue skies. Sidney is a sea side village. It has been built on quite a bit since my last visit. We walked round some of the bay and then we went to a book shop. It is amazing here with the number of hobby magazines that are available. I bought a cross stitch magazine with Christmas themed patterns in. I keep thinking one day it would be great to do more of my embroideries. It was great looking at these quaint little shops, most were closed due to New Years Day. We had lunch in Sidney. I shouted Russ and Barb lunch at a restaurant over looking the harbour. It was very nice. A few things I have noticed in Victoria are that if you order a burger/sandwich you can substitute fries for soup or salad for no extra cost. I have also noticed that if you have drank all your lemonade there are free top ups. I like that idea however you do pay in the tip and also hidden taxes are added to the bill. A menu may charge $8.95 for a bowl of French Onion Soup, but may cost $10.00 to cover taxes. The portion size of food is generous.

No comments: