Friday, December 10, 2010

The week before my holiday

Welcome to my holiday blog. This blog will be used to keep in touch with family and friends, and to let them know that I'm safe and well during my travels. It will also be used more for presenting new knowledge that I have gained on the places I visit. I love reading those did you know facts about places, foods, cultures, shops, etc. This blog will be like a virtual travel diary.

The song that comes into my head when I think about New Zealand holidays are from Cliff Richard's Lyrics: We're all going on a summer holiday, no more work to do for a week or two. Not quite this year. I am escaping from our New Zealand summer and will be having my first Northern Hemisphere Christmas in Canada with my relatives. I am so looking forward to it. I am in the count down mode. I have 5 more school days left. On Friday December 17th at 2:00pm we will be knocking off for the year at school. This weekend I have started to pack. It will be a wardrobe of summer and winter clothes. I think the USA and Canadian postal services will be well and truly utilized, for sending goods back to New Zealand.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Cool map Joy. You must show me how to do that. I'll be following you all the way.

Joy Paton said...

Thanks Jay, really appreciate it.
I used the iMovie Star version. There is a little globe symbol on the panel called Maps and Backgrounds. I used this to make the movie.