Sunday, January 29, 2012

Greetings from Oahu

Today was a pretty lazy sort of day. I think the tiredness of early starts has caught up with me. Last week I had four early starts ranging from 2am-7:00am to catch the tour buses, all worth it though. I went out to the Ala Moana Shopping Centre to fill in some time. I bought a black leather bag-more satchel type for when I go out with my cell phone and wallet. I also bought an iPhone cradle for the car as my one at the moment is rather flimsy so I went to the Apple Store. I also bought some Ralph Lauren Pyjamas. Great for those inbetween seasons. The top is black and the pants are tartan. Love the tartan. Yesterday I bought some Honolulu Cookies. Got a big supply to give to close friends and family when I get back. They are properly sealed so our begal friends at the airport don't drool over them. Counter feiting of money is rather rife here. When I give retailers a $50 or a $100 note they put a line on it. They use a special pen to determine if the money is real or fake. If the money is fake the felt tip line turns black if it is real the line is a golden brown colour. Mine is always golden brown. Photographs of the trip will go onto this blog when I get back. I've only taken my iPod Touch. School laptop is a little too precious and bulky to have an international experience. LOL.
Thanks Jay for commenting on this blog. I love reading your comments, mountain biking in Rotorua sounds tempting as I am a free woman without university study.
Well done Mum and Dad, you have picked up commenting well. All goods I have bought are genuine regarding clothing. The USA are pretty strict about that. Off to have a spa and then off to dinner. Peter is still working on the Waikiki Trolley. He has toned down his humor quite a bit. Still funny though. More Japanese visitors and tourists from Asia.

4 comments:

Neville said...

Great to hear the news Joy,you have obviously been on the trolley with funny man Peter again.Sounds like you have been doing long hours ,never mind home soon .hear from you soon.Have a good flight back.
LOL Neville.

Neville said...

Great to hear the news Joy,you have obviously been on the trolley with funny man Peter again.Sounds like you have been doing long hours ,never mind home soon .hear from you soon.Have a good flight back.
LOL Neville.

Pat said...

Hi Joy,
Thanks for all the updates with your exciting travels, good on you. We have been looking forward to reading what has happened day to day. You will have some great stories to tell us when you get back to N.Z. Safe travels home and we look forward to the phone call perhaps on Wednesay. Take care Pat.

Jay said...

Am so looking forward to seeing your photos Joy. Especially the video of you snorkeling. So glad you have had such a fantastic holiday. I do so admire your intrepid tripping. It can be hard on your own but you make friends where ever you go- must be that huge, friendly smile that does it. People can't resist you.
See you soon for coffee and a catch up.
Safe trip