Saturday, July 20, 2013

Greetings from Toronto

Off to the Niagara Falls today. It is very hot in Toronto. Yesterday it was 32 degrees Celsius. The weather is similar to Auckland. The humidity is high. Enjoying the warmth. Saw a raccoon on a roof of a restaurant in down town Toronto. Yesterday was a great day. In the morning I did a city and sights tour. It was great. The driver took us to the distillary, the sugar cane factory, Yong Street, University Ave and the Quay wharf. The wharf area reminded me of the Viaduct, with the trendy cafes and restaurants. I have to say Toronto reminds of so many places I have visited. It reminded me of Liverpool with the old brick English themed buildings, Miami because of the sky rise buildings and Auckland because of the harbour. After my tour I went and had lunch at an Irish pub facing the harbour. I have to say my Smirnoff Ice was very refreshing in my outdoor dining area. In the afternoon I took a harbour cruise along Lake Ontario and we sailed passed the islands. It was great fun. After this I walked to the CN tower. it is the second tallest building in the world. I went to three viewing areas. It was very cool, my hotel looked miniature in height compared to the tower. It was scary looking down from the glass floor. I spent about an hour at the CN Tower and walked back to the hotel. Toronto is very easy to get around. My hotel is on Queen St West. The hilarious thing was that I went too far west and ended up walking to the 600s end. My hotel is at the 100 end. I think they should label blocks under the street name for blonde tourists like me. It was a nice walk back and there were lots of people around.

No comments: